Jumee Kim Gallery is pleased to announce that the Emerging Art Prize is open to artists who have graduated within the last five years. It offers emerging artists the opportunity to showcase their work to a wider audience and further their engagement with the international art world. In order to celebrate 1stanniversary since gallery opening as well as to bond the relationship with other established artists we currently represent, this prize is aimed to find a new artist and support for a long term. By providing a solo exhibition end of this year, we are pleased to give the artist opportunities to be approached from international audiences and collectors.
Emerging Art Prize
- Solo exhibition for the winner: the exhibition will be held in December 2019 / 2nd– 29thof December
- 600,000 Korea won / £ 400 for the catalogue
- Filming the solo exhibition from highly recommended filmmaker
- Publication in a magazine (Editorial coverage)
- Another support for 6 months.
- You may enter up to five works per entry fee
- If you are submitting a series, this is considered one work.
- Works previously exhibited and published elsewhere are accepted: However, they must have been exhibited or produced within last three years
- There is no size limit
Submissions are open until 30th September 2019
- 07 October 2019: Shortlist announced
- 14 October 2019: winners announced
- If you are shortlisted for the Prize, you will be asked to supply your artwork for the exhibition in Daejeon, South Korea.
- Artists selected for the exhibition will be responsible for all transportation (delivery and collection) costs of artworks: one or two pieces would be enough to receive as an example.
- Please submit your artworks to gallery email. Email must include your name, nationality, resume ( must include previous exhibition lists ), artist’s statement.